With the extensive experience in Aviation English teaching, specialists of Language Training Centre of Training and Certification Centre of UkSATSE has clear understanding how to implement efficient training and testing solutions for aviation personnel to meet the ICAO and EUROCONTROL language proficiency requirements and standards.
Therefore, all the language training programmes designed by Training and Certification Center’s experts are harmonised with the fundamental teaching principles, the main of which is the principle of training individualisation.
During their work the specialists of Language Training Centre of Training and Certification Center follow the principles:
- English teaching based on competence and English-only approach ensuring individual’s training and professional needs;
- Science-based support, as an efficient tool for monitoring the relevance of the programmes content and methods to innovative tendencies and best practices in the field of Aviation English training and assessment;
- Quality control, aimed specifically to provide testing at various stages of language training to expertize the individual progress of English communicative skills in order to make proactive programme improvements.
The history of each and every learner’s language training is kept within AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER e-portfolio individual database.
Online professional development courses
Research and educational personnel advanced training and education is a well-targeted continuous improvement of professional competences and art of teaching which are vital for accomplishing tasks that enhance educational, teaching, research and innovation performance in the UkSATSE TCC.
The Language Training Centre personnel constantly maintain and raise their professional level, enrich their expertise and practical experience broadening teaching horizons and striving for perfection in theory and practice of the English language.
The evidence of this is the fact that all personnel of the Centre have completed the latest British Council and other leading international institutions’ professional courses, namely:
- Virtual Workshop Series (ICAEA) “Teaching Aviation English Online: Sharing experiences and ideas”, 2020 -2021.
- An Introduction to Teaching Vocabulary (4 weeks) – 2020
- Learning to Teach Online (5 weeks) – 2020
- Teaching English: How to Plan a Great Lesson (4 weeks) – 2020
- English for Teaching Purposes (4 week) – 2020
- Understanding Language: Learning and Teaching (4 weeks) – 2019
- Teaching for Success: Lessons and Teaching (4 weeks) – 2019
- Exploring the World of English Language Teaching (6 weeks) – 2019
Types of Training
The Training and Certification Centre organizes and delivers:
- training on ICAO Level 4 Refresher Programme;
- training on ICAO Level 5 Refresher Programme;
- training on Language Proficiency Test Practice Programme (UkSATSE Raiting Scale);
- training on Language Proficiency Test Practice Programme (ICAO Raiting Scale);
- language Proficiency Testing according to UkSATSE Raiting Scale.
Training programmes designed according to the requirements of the European Organisation for Safety of Air Navigation EUROCONTROL.